- Do your services completely hide my online activity?
VPN services will hide your online activity from your ISP and prevent web sites and email recipients from knowing your true IP address. Because many users share the VPN IP address, web sites can't tell the difference between your data and someone else's. The more people sharing the same VPN server and IP address, the more randomized the data becomes. The VPN is an important tool in maintaining your security and privacy. This will prevent data mining, many hacking attempts, and profiling for any legitimate purpose for which you use the Internet.
Government agencies in countries around the world have been known to plant cookies and even malware on unsuspecting users in order to record data.
Web site operators and search engines use many techniques to try and follow you across the internet. You must be aware of all of these methods and guard against them as well:
- Follow the steps on this page to keep your browser from reporting your activity to web sites you visit and otherwise link to and to clear history and cookies.
- Do not use proprietary browsers tied to search engines or search engine tool bars. The only reason they offer this stuff is to make it easy to track everything you do.
- Don't log into web sites with a user name and password if you don't absolutely have to. If you do log into a web site, close your browser to clear all history and cookies before going elsewhere.
- Only use your main email account to communicate with people you trust.
- When shopping or signing on to web sites, get a throw away account and change it often.
- Private browsing, incognito and similar browsers setting do not hide anything and will not protect you from being tracked. Using this makes you think you've accomplished something and makes you feel safe. In reality it hasn't changed anything.
- The "Do Not Track" option promoted in recent browsers is useless. There is nothing that prevents a web site from tracking you based on this setting. It is another feel good option and nothing more.
- Why do you not offer hundreds of VPN IP addresses to choose from?
Our service is designed to protect your identity and make you as anonymous as possible on the internet. The best way to confuse the search engines and other tracking sites is to combine the data of thousands of users into a single IP address. For this reason we only use a single IP address in each country we offer services in.
- Why don't you make everything one click and cool like other providers?
All of our services, both on the Client end and on the Server end, employ open source solutions. The only exception is PPTP and L2TP which is built into both the Windows and Mac operating systems. Open source guarantees that the software is clean. Anyone can view the source code and determine that there are no back doors, key loggers and similar. If we wrapped all of this in a pretty one click package like most other providers you would loose this assurance. You would have no way to know what the package contained. Our installers for both Mac and Windows simply combine the off the shelf software with our configurations files which are text based and easily read. In fact, you don't have to use our installers at all and can easily set up your service by downloading the software from the source and then adding the text based configurations. While not cool looking, our software is secure, open and verifiably clean. We believe this is more important to the security conscious user than a flashy interface and nifty installer.
- How do I know which service I need?
High Security Offshore email - Prevents your emails from being saved by your ISP or email provider and accessible by others for decades. Put simply, something stupid you say to someone in an email today won't pop up tomorrow.
This email service also provides additional security features. First, we scrub the sending IP address from the header of the email. This prevents the recipient or anyone who may intercept the email from knowing the sending IP address of the email. The servers themselves are encrypted to secure the data and only reachable via VPN connection. This ensures that your email account and the server the emails are hosted on is safe from hackers and others.
VPN Service - Encrypts all your communications, hiding your activity from your ISP, others sharing your network, or from other providers like wireless hotspot operators. Offshore VPN's take the encrypted data and put it on the internet in locations around the world that have strong privacy laws and low levels of snooping.
On a side note, if you use wireless hotspots like coffee shops or bookstores everyone logged in to the hotspot can see your data. School kids with hacker software downloaded from the Internet sit at these hotspots for hours gathering all this data. The encrypted VPN solves this issue as well.
Offshore Web Site Hosting - Helps keep the data on your server secure from the unintended consequences of a raid on an ISP targeting one site and, in the process, taking down hundreds of others as the servers hosting all of these sites are seized
- Why Cyprus, Czech Republic, Malaysia, Netherlands, Panama, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland?
These countries are either known for their strong privacy laws and minimal government actions against web sites and operators and/or lack of cooperation with other countries and their data retention and disclosure policies.
- What about the US and UK?
These countries are not known for strong privacy laws and cannot be considered privacy secure locations. We offer these only as a convenience to our customers who may need access to these locations. Some people may have banking or credit accounts that require access from within the country. Others may simply want to watch Hulu, Netflix or the BBC, etc. At the very least the VPN will combine their data with hundreds of other users data making it much more difficult to track the customers data. However for any other use that does not require a USA or UK presence we strongly recommend using only the offshore servers. The offshore servers are on a totally independent network that is isolated from the USA and UK server network to ensure maximum privacy for the offshore users.